Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Storms

Anyone who knows me well, knows that I don't like thunderstorms. It's not actually the thunderstorm I don't like, it's my fear of a tornado. I guess that comes from growing up in Kansas and spending lots of time in the basement during tornado warnings. Sunday afternoon, I decided to drive up to Kansas for the week. I needed to get away from the house for a while because I was getting too stressed out about trying to sell it. Anyhow, this morning I awoke to thunder and rain. We actually had a pretty big storm here with lots of lightning, tons of rain and some pretty good size hail. (Hopefully my car won't have dents since it's sitting outside!) I'm not sure what was different about this storm, but I actually really enjoyed it. It has been such a relaxing day as we've been inside reading books, watching the Cars movie, and I even got to do some sewing. It has been the perfect rainy day to curl up on the couch, relax and read a good book. Just what I needed!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm glad you got to get away. I didn't even realize you were gone until Wed. night! Some friend I am. Storms are my favorite thing - not the high wind, tornado kind, but the pouring rain & thunder kind - they remind me of growing up in the Amazon.