Monday, January 12, 2009
Remembering My Grandma
I received a call yesterday morning saying that my Grandma had died during the night. It wasn't a shock since we've been expecting it for the last week or so. My parents have actually been with her up in Michigan for the last week. She was 98 years old and lived a good life. I'm sad that she's gone but at the same time am thankful that she lived a good, long life and can be in heaven now with Jesus. I didn't know my grandma as well as I would've liked to since she lived in Michigan and we only saw her about once a year. She was born in 1910 and it amazes me to think about all the changes she saw over her lifetime. When she was born, William Taft was the president and women couldn't even vote! I was always special to my grandma because I was born on her birthday. This always meant a lot to her. I'm very thankful I was able to talk on the phone with her at Christmas this year for one last time. She didn't say too much, but I was able to talk and tell her that we love her. I'm sad I won't be able to go to her funeral on Wednesday morning, but I decided it wouldn't be wise of me to fly up there being 34 weeks pregnant and the middle of winter. The last time I saw my grandma was 3 years ago when she flew out to Kansas and came to see us at the hospital when Addison was born. Here are a few pictures of Addison and I with her..JPG)
.JPG)
Labels:
DAILY LIFE,
FAMILY
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Lisa, I'm sorry to hear about your Grandma! Grandparents are such a blessing in our lives. Know that we love you and care about you.
Lisa, I am so sorry about your loss. And I am really sorry about not going to the funeral. I didn't attend my Great-Grandma's funeral because she died three days after Evy was born. In some ways it still doesn't seem real. I am praying for you.
Lisa,
I'm sorry to hear about your Grandmother, but I'm also quite thankful that you have some very dear & special memories of her. It made me remember my own Grandmother who passed away 8 years ago & the special time we had together before she went to be with Jesus. We'll be remembering you in the coming days.
Praying for you today...
Post a Comment