Sunday, April 26, 2009

Storms

Last night we had several severe storms come through our area. The tornado sirens went off twice, the first time around 11:00 and the second around midnight. I'm so thankful to have a storm shelter in our new house. It is a room down in the ground that would probably hold 10-15 people in it. We got to try it out last night for the first time! Addison wasn't too excited to be down there since we had to wake her up. Our electricity went off around midnight and didn't come back on until around 6 this morning. I needed to pump (instead of nursing) around 1:30, but the electricity was out. Thankfully I have a car adapter and went out to Travis' truck that was sitting in the driveway. I sat out there pumping during the middle of the night in the pitch black. What a funny sight it would've been if anyone would've seen me! We're supposed to have more storms in the next several days, but hopefully none of them will be severe.

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Yes, Lisa! You would have been quite a sight to see. . . sitting out in your car. . . in the dark. . . at midnight. . . doing . . .WHAT???? You made me laugh! What a mother won't do for her children!

Robin said...

This is making me laugh out loud! I can just imagine your thoughts as you were pumping in the truck! Ahh, this is hilarious. Does pumping at night mean your little sweetie is sleeping all night???

dianne said...

SO GLAD YOU NOW HAVE YOUR OFFICIAL TORNADO "HOLE" TO CRAWL IN.