Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Oregon Coast

Thanks to our good friends Mark & Denise, we were able to spend a few days at the coast with them. His parents own a house there and it's right on Devil's Lake. You walk out back on the deck and you have the lake right there and you can see the ocean too. They brought their boat along and Addison enjoyed her first boat ride. She thought it was pretty cool to help steer the boat and watch Jacob & Katelyn wakeboard. We were trying to talk her into going behind the boat on the 3-seat tube and she wanted nothing to do with it. Then Denise told her it was actually just another boat. She jumped up and said "Why yes, I'd like to ride in that boat." She sat in the middle between Katelyn and I and she loved it. At one point, I got a little nervous because we started bouncing around a lot. Addison said to me, "It's alright mommy, don't be nervous. It's going to be okay." I'm glad she wasn't worried! Thanks Mark, Denise, Jacob & Katelyn! We had such a great time with you!

Travis & Jacob decided to jump in the water the night we got there (I guess they were trying to prove how "manly" they are!) It was very chilly and misting outside so I thought they were crazy!

^ Addison, Denise & Katelyn ^ Katelyn & Mackenna ^ Addison loved the special donut Mark got just for her! ^ Addison & Jacob

^ Getting ready for her first ride in the boat.

^Poor Mackenna was sleeping and didn't make the picture!

^ Denise trying to talk Addison into riding in the tube!

^ Here we go!!

No comments: