"Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe." Philippians 2:14-15
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Complaining
You know how there are some people who are difficult to be around because all they do is complain...well, I don't ever want to be one of those people. Lately, I have become easily frustrated with a number of things that are going on and it is hard to listen to people complain about it. (And sometimes it is even harder not to turn around and complain about them!) I've thought and prayed a lot about my frustrations and I feel like the Lord keeps bringing up this idea of complaining. I think He is trying to teach me that I need to start replacing my complaints with action. If there is something I don't like, I need to either not say anything at all or do something about it. It is easy for me to get caught up and take part in the complaining that can go on, especially when I'm with a group of people. So, if any of you hear me complaining, please remind me that this is not beneficial! I want my words and actions to be positive and Christ-like. I'm not perfect and it's not always easy, but I pray that I will be an encourager instead of a complainer.
Labels:
DAILY LIFE,
FAITH
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Complaining can be a way of life if we let it, and we all can benefit from "not" complaining. Much of what we do is just attitude. Not easy but a worthy goal. God will honor your willingness for a positive attitude and we all can benefit from your example.
Post a Comment