Thursday, November 26, 2009

Surgery

I'm very thankful to say I made it through surgery. Wednesday, I went in early in the morning to have surgery to correct some problems I've been having with my kidneys and bladder. I had surgery on the same thing twice as a baby, but the surgery is very different today. When I was little, the surgery was about 8 hours long and left a scar all the way across my abdomen. This time it took about 45 minutes total and I have no incisions. My doctor is the same one who did my surgery 31 years ago! I'm thankful that Travis and my mom were there with me and that my mother-in-law was able to stay with the girls. Recovery will be interesting as I'm not allowed to lift more than 10-15 pounds for 4-6 weeks and Mackenna weighs 18 pounds. He was very adamant that I obey this because they used a laser on me which makes the lining of the bladder very thin during the healing process and it can tear very easily. I'm feeling pretty well, considering all they did to me, and I hope to go home (I'm at my parents house) this weekend. Thank you to all who were/are praying for me! Hopefully the next four weeks will go by quickly!

1 comment:

dianne said...

I'M SO THANKFUL YOU WENT TO THE DR. AND HAD THIS DONE. I WASN'T AT ALL SURE THAT YOU'D GO THRU WITH IT AS YOU KEPT SAYING "I DON'T KNOW WHY I'M HAVING SURGERY". LISTEN TO YOUR MOTHER!