Monday, December 7, 2009

Check-Ups

Both of the girls had check-ups today at the doctor. Mackenna had her 9 month appointment, so she didn't get any shots. Addison had her 4 year appointment, and she did get shots. She really had no idea what a shot was. Here's how it all went.

Our conversation last night before bed -
me: tomorrow we're going to the doctor.
addison: they'll look at me to see if i'm getting bigger?
m: yes, and they'll look in your ears and down your throat and measure you to see how tall you're getting.
a: will they give me a shot?
m: yes. and if you're really brave we'll go get ice cream afterwards.
a: i'm SO excited to get a shot tomorrow.

Today at the doctor's office -
addison: where's my shot?
nurse: well, we'll do that next.
a: when do i get my shot?
n: in a little bit. (the nurse then has her pull up her sleeves and wipes the spots with alcohol)
a: oooh, that's a little cold. (the nurse then gives her two shots in one arm)
a: uhhh, i think that kinda hurts a little bit. (the nurse then moves to the other arm for one more)
a: mommy, that really hurts. (then she starts crying. thankfully it didn't last too long)
a: mommy, i don't think i like the doctor's office. i don't want to come to the doctor again.

I think the funniest part though was watching her walk out of the office holding both arms up as if she couldn't let them touch her sides. She was very brave though and did much better than I expected! We celebrated with pink ice cream at Braum's!

3 comments:

Sweet Pea said...

That's cute! You tell Addison she is one brave little girl! She did much better than I would have done! I hate needles!!!

Kim said...

Pink ice cream - of course!!

Robin said...

Can I get shots and have some ice cream from Braums? I miss that place already!