Sunday, December 13, 2009

They'll Never Know

Last Sunday afternoon, Addison spent about an hour painting pictures with her watercolors. She was so proud of them and said she was going to give them to the high school kids when they came that night for Bible study. When it was over, Addison came into the room and announced to everyone that she had made each of them a picture - "I made you a picture to take home and I don't want you to forget it." She marched into the kitchen and began handing each of the kids a picture. I couldn't believe what they did. A group of about 5 or 6 boys stood in a circle comparing their pictures and asking Addison about them. They acted so interested in what she had painted them. She was so excited and very proud! I'm sure they probably all took their pictures home and threw them away, but they'll never know how much this meant to her. She told me before bed, "Mommy, they liked my pictures!" What a great bunch of nice guys! High school boys will surprise you sometimes!

1 comment:

dianne said...

THIS MADE ME CRY. WHAT A BLESSING THOSE YOUNG MEN ARE. GOD IS GOOD!