Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fool's Day

I don't know that I've ever pulled off an April Fool's joke that was any good.  I thought about posting on here or on Facebook that I was pregnant, but I decided that most of you probably know that's not true!  I do remember my best college girlfriend coming in to see me with a ring on her finger saying she was engaged.  I wanted to kill her when she told me she was joking!  And when she really did get engaged, I wasn't quick to believe her!  Years ago, my dad called a few fellow teachers early in the morning on April Fool's day and told them school was cancelled because the heaters weren't working.  He then called them back and said "April Fool's" about 10 minutes before they had to be at work!  Have you ever pulled off a good joke on April Fool's day? 

1 comment:

jana said...

The spring before JJ and I got engaged I told my students that I got engaged and after they screamed and clapped with excitement, I told them that Friday would be my last day because I was moving to Portland. It totally worked all day, for all the class periods.