Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A Week at Grandma & Grandpa's

The girls and I are spending the week at my parents house. We haven't seen them since Christmas which explains why Addison was up until almost midnight the night before we left because she was so excited. Travis is at home with a long list of projects he hopes to accomplish while we're gone. Tonight he made himself a shrimp boil. Poor guy...I hate seafood! I'm sure the whole house smelled awful, but he's in heaven eating it! He says that's all he's going to eat for the rest of the week!

Tomorrow, I get to have a test done and possibly surgery again, depending on what the test shows. I'm actually scared about the test. I've had it done many times before, the last when I was 18, and it's very painful. Who wants to go do a test when you know how painful it's going to be?! Anyhow, I'm just praying the test goes quickly and that I won't have to have surgery. The girls get to spend the morning with Grandma S. and are very excited to go to the farm.

***Yeah! The test went well this morning and I didn't have to have surgery. And I had a good nurse and it wasn't nearly as painful as I remember!

6 comments:

dianne said...

We're just glad to have you here!

Amy said...

Enjoy your time with your family. Hope the test goes smoothly & no surgery!! Miss you...I've been too busy!

Amy said...

Praying that maybe this time it could be painless- of at least less painful than your memories and that surgery won't be required! Have fun with the family and a safe return home.

Liz said...

I'm glad your tests went well. If you're still around Saturday we are cooking out for Luke's birthday with family. We'd love to have you and the girls.

Nic said...

I'm so glad the test went well. Enjoy the time with your parents.

Cathy said...

Very glad for the good report, Lisa! (We would have come and enjoyed the shrimp with Travis if we would have known!!)