Saturday, July 24, 2010
27 More Sleeps
Addison counts things by the number of sleeps. Right now, she's counting how many sleeps until school starts. I'm having a hard time with the fact that she'll be starting school in 27 days. It's only Pre-K, but she'll be there every morning for 2 1/2 hours. My baby is growing up and I don't know if I'm ready for it! Since I've been able to stay at home with her, I feel like we'll be sending her off into the "real" world for the first time. It scares me to think about the outside influences she will now have. I know I can't protect her from everything, but I want to! I'm sure it will be fine. I just pray we have done what we need to as parents to prepare her. I'm looking forward to the time in the morning with only one child though! I'm hoping Mackenna will continue taking morning naps for a little while so I can enjoy some time in the morning to myself. What will I do first?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Addison will do great! It was hard for me too when Luke started school. I still remember him asking me why they didn't pray before lunch. Raising children is definitely a process of letting go. You and Travis are awesome parents and Addison will be a great light for others to see Jesus. Can't wait to see you guys next week.
I still remember taking time off from work so I could run home to put Grant on the Bus his first day. I think I cried after he left. Sorry Aaron and Lisa I don't think I cried when you went to school.
First thing to do will be cry!! HA!! It's such a bittersweet moment isn't it??
Post a Comment