Friday, August 27, 2010

Full Week

Addison made it through her first full week of school and she's loving it!  Her class went on a field trip today to the county fair.  It was only about 5 blocks from school, but they got to ride the school bus.  She had fun at the fair, but the highlight was definitely riding the bus. 

Each morning they take a minute and bow their heads for silent prayer and then they all stand and say something.  I asked her if it was "I pledge allegiance to the flag..."  She looked at me in shock and said, "how do you know that?"  She's got about half of it memorized and is still working on learning the rest.

Our Wednesday night programs started at church this week.  Addison is now a Cubbie (our church does Awana)!  I don't think she really knows or understands yet what Cubbies is, but she's still excited to be going to class again on Wednesday nights.

By Thursday, we were all tired.  I did not want to get up.  When Addison got home from school, I could tell she was tired too.  She never takes naps anymore, but she said she wanted to rest and ended up sleeping for 2 hours!  And of course, she didn't want to go to sleep that night either.

Overall, it was a great week.  I'm really enjoying the routine each morning and the time with Mackenna. 

Tonight, we're off to watch some good ole pig wrestling at the fair!

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Is Travis going for the pig? He's a natural!