Have you heard of Advent Conspiracy? We've been talking about it at our church this year. The concept behind it is simple: Worship Fully, Spend Less, Give More and Love All.
Christmas looks different for everybody...how much we spend, how much we give, where we give to, who we give to, why we give/spend, etc. Even so, my hope is that we all know the true meaning of Christmas.
This video challenges me every time I watch it. Am I making Christ the focus of Christmas or am I letting the commercialism side of it become more important?
We're starting some new traditions in our family this year in the hope that we can
WORSHIP FULLY,
SPEND LESS,
GIVE MORE &
LOVE ALL.
This video challenges me every time I watch it. Am I making Christ the focus of Christmas or am I letting the commercialism side of it become more important?
We're starting some new traditions in our family this year in the hope that we can
WORSHIP FULLY,
SPEND LESS,
GIVE MORE &
LOVE ALL.
It's not about the gifts we get. It's about the birth of Christ, our Savior.
3 comments:
Very challenging and difficult for us all!
I was encouraged by the video and your comments. It's a challenge but what a good one!!
Our church is also showed this video and they have taken each Advent Sunday to preach on each item. It is very challenging but very encouraging at the same time.
Post a Comment