"So, as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience; bearing with one another, and forgiving each other, whoever has a complaint against anyone; just as the Lord forgave you, so also should you. Beyond all these things put on love, which is the perfect bond of unity. Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body; and be thankful. Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God. Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father."
Colossians 3:12-17 (NASB)
Our church recently spent the last 6 days involved with Peacemaker Ministries. It was a good weekend and I was challenged personally in the way I work through conflict. Our (every individual in the church) assignment is to read through Colossians 3 every morning and before bed each day until they come back at the beginning of February. Throughout each day, there are different things we are supposed to do, one of which is to meditate on the verses above. I personally am going to try to memorize the verses above! I'm excited to see how God will work in our church and pray that hearts will be changed.
2 comments:
I like your post. I hope you don't mind but I was going to post the Colossians chapter on my blog too. Good stuff! My heart has been enlightened and challenged this past week!
What a great experience for everyone. If only one is changed then the week will be worth while. Keep at it.
Post a Comment