Friday, October 28, 2011
A Very Close Call
This afternoon, I was sitting at a stoplight by the mall waiting to turn onto the main road. Across the intersection, there was a 3 car collision, so there were several police cars and a fire truck pulled over on the side of the road. I waited patiently and when I got the green arrow to turn left, I started to go. Thankfully, I looked before I got completely into the intersection because a semi-truck came speeding right through the red light at 45-50 mph...not sure if he was looking at the accident or just trying to speed up to get through the light. I slammed on the brakes and he missed me by inches. If I had gone right away and not looked, he would've hit me right on the drivers side. There was a man sitting at the stoplight and he looked at me and put his arms up in disbelief. I turned the corner and pulled into the parking lot and began shaking and sobbing, it scared me so bad. And then I said, "thank you Lord" over and over again as I sat there thinking about what could've happened.
Labels:
DAILY LIFE
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow. So thankful for God's protection!
Oh, Lisa, that gave me the chills reading this. I'm so thankful that it ended the way it did, and not the way it could've. Thanks for sharing.
~Amy
Thank you Lord!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment