Friday, December 16, 2011

One of the Best Gifts...

This afternoon, I was outside, and two 7th grade girls from our church came over to talk to me.  They told me they were listening in church last week and heard them talking about Travis...how he is a youth pastor and has been doing a lot of the senior pastor duties also.  They said they realized that because he has so much responsibility right now he probably doesn't have much time for a social life!  Ha!  So, as a Christmas gift for us, they want to babysit for us sometime over Christmas break.  I almost laughed when they said that about his social life, but then I wanted to cry when they told me about the babysitting.  If only they understood how much that means to me, to have a break from my kids to spend some time with my husband.  What a sweet and thoughtful gift...probably one of the best gifts you can give a mother with young kids!  I hope my girls will be this thoughtful someday when they're older and I wish now that I would've understood this when I was younger. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you and what a blessing to have such thoughtful youth!

Nic said...

What a great gift!!! Praying for you with all the extra stuff that comes Travis' way during transition. Hope you guys have a great holiday. Loved your Christmas card.