Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter 2013

We celebrated Easter this year by ourselves.
Well, first we went to church and celebrated with our church family!

Since we've never lived close to our family, each year, we try to find someone to invite over that doesn't have any family here.
I asked a few, but they all had family in town.
I even went through our entire church directory and couldn't find anybody that doesn't have family close by.
So, we celebrated by ourselves!
Which is okay.
It was nice to relax and spend the day just the 4 of us.


We did a few things different this year to try and focus more on Jesus' resurrection and less on the bunny and eggs part.
The girls still did the city egg hunt, but we didn't color eggs this year and I scaled way back on Easter baskets.
They never even mentioned coloring eggs and were happy with what they did get!


 With their friend Reed and Addison with her friend Ella.

I've always loved Easter!
And even though we have fun hunting eggs, eating candy and dressing up all pretty, the real reason we celebrate Easter is Jesus.
Who died on the cross for us to forgive us of our sins.
ALL of our sins!
And to give us new life through Him.
We celebrate Easter because the tomb was empty, He is risen!
 
"He isn't here! He has risen from the dead, just as he said would happen."
Matthew 28:6 

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Jesus is the reason. Happy Easter.