First day of 1st grade (left) and last day (right). Addison wasn't too thrilled that I wanted to take her picture on the last day!
Here are a few pictures of Addison at the 1st grade awards assembly. She got a medal for reaching a certain amount of Accelerated Reading points.
She looked so nervous standing up on the stage!
Getting her medal and shaking her teachers hand.
I love the first and last days of school! Maybe it's because I was a teacher and I know how excited I always was. I love to do something special for both days. This year, Mackenna helped me make and frost cupcakes. I printed off these cupcake toppers, cut a few out and taped them on sticks we already had. Didn't take too long at all. And last year, I printed off the hello/goodbye toppers and I still had them in a file, so I used the 1st/2nd grade ones this year.
It was a fun day and a great start to the summer, but to be honest, I am sad this year is over. Addison had such a great year. I (and Addison too) absolutely loved her teacher, Mrs. Clark! On the first day of school, Addison came home and told me, "she's awesome!" And she was right, she was an awesome teacher and a great fit for Addison.
1 comment:
You are such a good mom. Also, I love your plant by the front door.
Post a Comment