This afternoon, the girls, along with two of their friends, were playing in the backyard. They had their swimsuits on and were all wet from the sprinklers when all of a sudden they came running in the front door, screaming. I hollered at them to go back outside because they were all wet and that's when I heard....SNAKE!!!! And then I heard more screaming and more hollering....SNAKE, SNAKE, come quick!!
I go outside and ask them to show me where it is, but none of them will even step foot in the back yard to show me. I immediately started calling Travis (who didn't answer all 3 times) and sent the girls across the street to see if Mark or Erland were home. No luck.
I stood there watching it for a little bit, trying to figure out what to do. Thankfully, this was about the time Travis drove up on his moped, with all 4 girls running towards him screaming and talking all at once. He came and looked at it and then went to get a shovel. About that time, I walked to the side yard to talk to our neighbor. When Travis got back, the snake was gone. We looked everywhere and it had disappeared. And of course, not knowing where the snake was, the girls wouldn't even consider playing back there again!
Shortly before supper, Mackenna went out in the backyard to play again. I went to the back door to peek out and check on her, and that's when I spotted the snake again, crawling up over my lawn chair sitting on my back patio. Yuck!!
Thankfully Travis was home this time, and Mark across the street came over too, and they caught the snake and put it in this bucket.
1 comment:
Poor snake. He was probably scared to death with all those girls screaming.
Post a Comment