In light of all the recent tornadoes around here, I thought I would share about where we go during a tornado. Many of you don't live in a place that has tornadoes, so here is what our storm shelter looks like. Not very exciting, but I wouldn't want to live here without it!
This is our back room. It was added on to the house at some point, so they put in an underground storm shelter, under the stairs. Normally the green couch is next to it, but we move it to get into the shelter.
There's even a light down there!
Old chairs, perfect to keep in the shelter.
This bucket holds some supplies, but also can serve as a "toilet" if we're ever down there for a long period of time.
We've lived in our house for 4 years now and have been in our shelter 3 times. One of those times, I had enough time to grab some important items to take down with us. The other 2 times, the tornado siren sounded during the middle of the night and we had to wake up a toddler and a baby and get them down there pretty quickly. I have a mental list in my head of things I would take with me if I have time!
So, there's a glimpse of what our tornado shelter looks like!



1 comment:
Wow, it's bigger than I thought. Wish we had one here, but I'd never get dad down it by myself. So glad you have the peace of mind knowing it's there.
Post a Comment