Friday, October 25, 2013

Running

If you know Travis, you know he loves to exercise.  Actually, he doesn't really love it at all, he just hates not doing anything and feels lazy if he doesn't do some sort of exercise every day. He's incredibly disciplined!

He's done a bunch of different work out routines from lifting weights and jogging to P90X and Insanity.  He rotates between them and tries to change it up from time to time so he doesn't get tired of them.

Up until this summer, the farthest he had ever run was about 3 miles.  He was getting bored with his workouts, so he decided he wanted to train to run a half marathon.  Basically, he just wanted to see if he could do it.

Well, yesterday he ran 12 miles!  And he says it's not even that bad!  The crazy thing is, he has no desire to run in an actual race.  He just wants to know that he can do it.

He's contemplating doing the full marathon training when he's done.  I think he should go for it!  And of course, I'm trying to talk him into running the OKC marathon in the spring.  I don't think it will happen though!

3 comments:

Dianne said...

Think positive and maybe he will do it. Interesting.

Liz said...

Because you said you dont think it will happen, I bet it does. Lol. Way to go Travis!

Vanessa said...

I am the exact same way! Took years and a good friend to convince me run a half marathon (because I just like to complete a training cycle) and I did the OKC half. Travis, if you do it, make sure you get there in time to experience the amazing service/prayer before the race...very moving and a super neat cause.