Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Very Strange

Since we have lived here, we've seen many strange things around town that we wouldn't normally expect to see inside the city limits. One time we were driving through a neighborhood and right there in someones front yard was a full size horse! I decided I was glad I didn't live next door to them! Well, just yesterday, Addison and I were out for a walk in our neighborhood. The neighborhood that we live in has what they call a "greenbelt" behind all of the houses. There are sidewalks throughout the greenbelt and we love to go walking. We normally pass lots of people along the way, but yesterday we came upon something else that we thought was quite strange. Right there in the middle of the greenblet were two big roosters! I couldn't believe it....they were just running free right in front of us. I wondered if they had gotten loose from a cage or something, so we went back later and they were still there. Travis said he went out to get the paper a few mornings ago and heard them cock-a-doodle-dooing. Addison was so excited when she saw them and has been talking about the "chickens" ever since! I guess that's what you get when you live in Oklahoma!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I wondered WHAT you were talking about...the neighborhood w/ the roosters. Too funny. Phil wanted chickens until he found out our neighborhood is not zoned for poultry. :) Not sure about horses, though.

Lisa said...

Don't know if our neighborhood is zoned for poultry either!!