Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Holding On to Sentimental Things

I'm getting much better, but I tend to hold on to things that have sentimental value. Things such as papers from elementary school, notes people have written me, flowers I have received, a dress I wore when I was small, etc. Well today, Travis and I were going through stuff in our attic and I decided to let go of something I have been holding on to. I know you're probably going to laugh at me, but I still have my wedding bouquet, all dried and shriveled up, in a plastic container. I loved my flower bouquet when we got married, so I guess I thought I should keep it. I finally came to the conclusion today (much to Travis' delight) that after 10 years of it being in the attic in a plastic tub, I think it's really time to get rid of it! I honestly don't know what I thought I was going to do with it! I also found, in the same container, two corsages that were from Travis for prom and his corsage from our wedding. Travis begged me not to throw away his corsage!! I'm just excited that I now have an empty container I can use for something else!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I saved my bouquet too, but it's fake flowers & I just have to dust them off. I keep thinking I'll do something with them, but like most things, they are sitting in a box in our closet. It's hard to let go & declutter, but you'll be glad you did! :)