Monday, June 9, 2008
Emergency Room Visit
Tonight after dinner, we went to Wal-Mart to get some groceries. Travis was pushing Addison in the cart and pushed her up to the line at the checkout counter. I was behind him a little ways looking at something when I heard Addison screaming. Travis had turned for just a few seconds to look for me and as he turned back around he saw Addison falling backwards to the floor. Apparently, she got out of her seat and tried to sit on the handle of the cart facing forward but she must've lost her balance. She landed mostly on her back but also hit her head. It really scared us! To make a long story short, we ended up taking her to the emergency room to have her checked out. We didn't want to take any chances with our precious little girl. We both felt like horrible parents, but thankfully she was okay. They told us just to keep an eye on her. It's amazing how much can happen when you take your eyes off of them for just a few seconds. As Travis was tucking her into bed tonight he told her he was sorry she had fallen. She looked at him and said, "It's okay daddy." We're so thankful she's okay!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It's worse when you've allowed someone else's kid to get hurt. I felt terrible about Sam getting his head sliced by the fan...not fun. I'm glad she's okay though. And to think...all because of garlic green beans! :)
I'm so glad she's ok. Today I left Canon in the dining room for seconds and I hear him sort of fussing. I return to find him standing on the snack tray of his high chair with his hands on the table. He must have climed up, put his feet on the tray and the whole chair rolled back. Thankfully he was still standing there and not trying to fix it themselves. He finally had to have a time-out for climbing so much...What will it take for them to learn?
It must run in the family, this hitting of heads. They are tough too though. I am certain Addison gets her toughness from Travis though because Lisa . . . Well, tough and Lisa don't exactly fit in the same sentence do they.
Post a Comment