Saturday, July 19, 2008

You Never Know What You Might Find

Yesterday, I went out to the garage to go through some of the boxes and opened one that said "sheets" on it. There was a piece of newspaper over the top and when I pulled off the newspaper, I saw a huge toad laying on top of the sheets! I don't think I screamed, but I DO NOT like frogs or toads!! I tried poking it to get it to jump out, but it didn't move. So, I called Travis and begged him to come home and take care of the toad. (He thought I was ridiculous! I'm sure he'll use it as a sermon illustration sometime. He gave me such a hard time!) When he got there, he poked it a few times but it still didn't move. So he went and dumped it out and it was dead. I have no idea how it got in there, but it really freaked me out! Addison heard me talking to Travis on the phone and said, "It's okay mommy." Then when he got home she said to him, "Daddy, mommy's scared of the frog. I'm not scared though." Nothing like a 2 1/2 year old making you look like a real wimp!

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Lisa, I would have been right there with you. And no matter what Travis says. . . No! you are not a wimp!!