A picture of the park this afternoon after the water had already gone down a lot.
Friday, September 12, 2008
Insane Amount of Rain
It is crazy how much rain we've had over the last 24 hours. It rained almost all day yesterday and much of the time it rained pretty hard. Last night was another story though. I have never experienced such hard rain for such a long period of time. According to official reports, from midnight until this morning, we got 8.35" of rain. It rained so hard that it kept me awake for a good part of the night. Travis has been gone all morning helping a lady from our church whose house flooded. I went over there for a few minutes and the water line on the front door was about 6" from the ground. They were tearing out all the carpet and trying to suck up the water. There are several small streams that run through town and they are all up over the roads. Addison was amazed to see the entire city park under water and was worried about whether the slides were going to be okay! I am very thankful that we did not have any water in our house. The forecast for toady is 100% chance for more rain and because of the hurricane that is coming, we are supposed to continue getting rain all weekend. Hopefully no more houses will flood though.
A picture of the park this afternoon after the water had already gone down a lot.
A picture of the park this afternoon after the water had already gone down a lot.
Labels:
DAILY LIFE
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey, I don't mind at all you posting my pictures. I can't believe this rain either. I've never seen it this bad in Fairview before. I actually wished I had gotten more pictures of the water North of town too. Unbelievable! I feel so sorry for all the people that had houses that flooded. What a mess! Makes you really thankful to be on higher ground! Have a good night and hopefully we aren't floating down the river in the morning.
Post a Comment