Thursday, October 30, 2008

Learning a Lesson

Addison loves to read and always enjoys our trips to the city library. She always has fun helping me pick out books. Recently, she discovered they have a collection of Clifford books, so right now we usually get about 4 of those each time. Earlier this week, we sat down to read one of them together. I opened the book and noticed green circles drawn all over the front page. I thought it was a bit strange and tried to remember if I had seen them there when we checked it out. I didn't want to assume she had done it, but when I turned to the third page and all the characters were colored green, I asked her if she had colored in the book. She said yes. This resulted in a lengthy discussion about not drawing in books and how we treat other peoples things. When Travis got home, she told him what she had done which resulted in another lengthy discussion. We told her how we would have to pay for the book and explained to her that she was going to have to take the book back to the librarian and tell them she was sorry for what she'd done. Well, yesterday was the day. She gave the book to the lady and said, "I'm sorry I drew in your book. I won't again." Hopefully she's learned a lesson and really won't do it again! (By the way, they didn't charge me for the book, but said I could make a donation to the new book fund if I wanted.)

2 comments:

Robin said...

What an artist! I am sure that I would have to calm down a bit before approaching this conversation. I'm glad they didn't charge you though!

Sweet Pea said...

She was just trying to brighten the book up a little. :) ha! Those days will come soon enough for the Wimer household. :) Have a Happy Halloween! I might see you up town this afternoon with all the rest of the goblins! :) See ya tomorrow night too!