Saturday, October 18, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

We spent this afternoon as a family visiting the pumpkin patch. It was a beautiful day and worth the hour drive to get there. The farm we went to had lots to do. Addison spotted the train first and was so excited to ride. We didn't really think she should ride alone because they drove out pretty far, and I didn't think I wanted to ride since I'm pregnant and I knew the ride would be really bumpy. So that left Travis to ride with her. This was the most hilarious sight. I couldn't quit laughing! The poor guy barely fit into the barrel!! He was so crammed in there and he said it only got worse as they went. It was even funnier watching him try to get out! Thank goodness Travis is such a good sport and a great daddy!

After the train ride, we went over to the barn to see the animals. We fed the donkeys some straw, but Addison wasn't too sure about the rest of the animals. She enjoyed looking at them, but didn't want to get too close. While we were waiting for the hay wagons to come back, Addison played on the slide and the swings.

A tractor pulling two hay wagons took us out to the pumpkin patch. Addison enjoyed finding her own pumpkin. She really wanted a little one and they were kind of hard to find, so we had to look awhile to find one that didn't have any bad spots. We also got a bigger one that we plan to carve in the next few days.
We had a great time today and enjoyed spending the day together!

3 comments:

Nic said...

I cracked up at Travis in that barrel! Miss you guys! Hope you are feeling great and enjoying these precious days with just one!

Amy said...

Looks like fun! We went to an apple orchard in IL w/ my family & they had that same barrel train. My brothers are so tall, it was hilarious to see them cram their way in & need help to get back OUT again. But it was totally worth the pain & laughter to make memories with the kids.

dianne said...

YOU WEREN'T KIDDING WHEN YOU SAID SHE WANTED A LITTLE PUMPKIN!