Saturday, October 18, 2008
Camping Trip Canceled
I was so excited to go camping this weekend, but after all the rain we got at the beginning of the week, we decided not to go. We have been planning this trip for quite awhile now with several other families, but with all the rain and 11 little kids, we decided we would all be a muddy mess. I was disappointed, but with the hectic week that we had, it was probably for the best. Since we didn't end up going, we had a barbecue and bonfire instead out at one of the families houses in the country. We had such a good time and the kids wore themselves out. We had a good laugh watching Jessica and Abby try to walk through the field in their rubber boots, only to get stuck in the mud and end up walking back barefoot and covered in mud! I think the highlight of the evening for the kids was the glow sticks. They ended up making them into bracelets and putting them around the kittens necks like a collar. It was funny to watch the kids chasing the kittens in the dark, trying to get the glow sticks. Even though we didn't end up going camping, we still had a great time together!
Labels:
DAILY LIFE,
FRIENDS
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I was bummed too, but I love that we can have fun together & make the best of it...no matter the circumstances.
CAMPING NEXT SUMMER...MAKE IT HAPPEN!
Post a Comment