Monday, November 24, 2008

Baby Update

It's been awhile since I've written anything about the baby, so I thought I'd give you an update. I am 27 weeks (6 months) and am starting to get big. My belly button has officially popped! The baby is moving around like crazy. I can often see my tummy moving when I'm sitting still. So far, everything is going well and I am feeling pretty good. A few weeks ago, I had to have a 3 hour blood test done to see if I had gestational diabetes. They drew blood 4 times and I had to drink a bunch of the really sweet stuff on an empty stomach. My initial test came back too high, which is why I had to have this test done. Thankfully though, I passed the test and don't have it! I was a little nervous about it, so thank you to all of you that prayed for me.

We think we have our boy name picked but still do not have a girl name. There are one or two girl names we're leaning towards, but we're not certain. We're going for something that's not too common, but not weird either. After being a teacher, I want to be able to spell it and pronounce it. Any suggestions??

Addison continues to insist that it's a girl. She doesn't even want to entertain the idea of it being a boy! Tonight she was eating a cracker and said to me, "Mommy, look at my cracker in my tummy. The cracker is like the baby!"

2 comments:

jana said...

You're so cute! Congrats!

Robin said...

Thanks for the pic! I love seeing your belly. Is this how far along you were when you moved to Enid? For both of the boys we were able to come up with boy names easily but not really a girl name. For this baby we came up with our girl name easily and could not decide on a boy name. So, maybe it's a boy! Not too much longer and we'll know!