Thursday, November 20, 2008

House Update

Many people have been asking how it's going with the house hunting. Well, we're still living in our rent house and continue to wait for a house to buy. There really isn't a lot that comes up for sale here and when there is, people know about it before it even goes on the market. I'm beginning to feel a bit discouraged, like we may never find a house. However, I try to remind myself that it really hasn't been that long. We continue to pray that we will find a house before the baby gets here (we were really hoping before Christmas, but now I'm just hoping it's before February!) All of our baby stuff is packed up and in storage and our spare bedroom is full of furniture and boxes. With a little bit of work, we could find everything we need and clean out the spare room, but we'd rather just get our own place. So, we ask for your continued prayers for us, that we will be patient and that God will provide just the right house for us.

4 comments:

Sweet Pea said...

Yes, we will pray that you find a home very soon before that precious baby arrives. By the way... I love your Christmas background on your blog. CUTE!!! Have a good day!

Monica said...

When God's timing isn't the same as our time, I know it can get frustrating. You and your family have been in my prayers and I know you will find the perfect house for your family, when HIS time is right :) Just so you know. The house across from Sonic is not on the market yet, but the owners do want to sell. 4 bedroom, 3 bath (1 is in the master bedroom) new kitchen appliances (1yr maybe) mostly new flooring. They also own the lot beside it, I don't know if you have to buy it with the house. I know it is on Main but you could fence the yard off and have a beautiful new home. Let me know if you want to look.

Amy said...

We will be meeting with a builder next week so ours will be for sale. We might be able to be out by the end of January/first of February if need be. Wasn't sure what your email address was but thought I would post here. Give me a call...
Amy

dianne said...

DON'T YOU JUST LOVE TO HEAR HOW YOU HAVE TO WAIT FOR GOD'S TIME.  IT'S TRUE, OF COURSE, BUT NOT ALWAYS EASY.