Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Stolen Christmas Ideas

Here are a few Christmas gifts I made this year. They aren't much, just a little something to hopefully brighten someone's day! I'm not all that creative, but I'm great at stealing other people's creative ideas, so I've added the link to where I got the ideas from.

This simple hot cocoa gift was pretty easy to make. I melted chocolate, dipped marshmallows in it and put sprinkles on them. Each bag had some plain marshmallows, chocolate marshmallows, 2 cocoa packets and a mint. I attached a candy cane and tag to the ribbon and the back of the tag says thank you on it. Addison loved helping me with the sprinkles! The Thanks Boxes were an idea I got around Thanksgiving time. You find a box and together as a family pick a new thanks verse each year to put on the box. Throughout the year, drop in notes of thanks to God about events that have taken place, answered prayers, etc. At the end of the year, around Thanksgiving or Christmas time, gather as a family and read through the notes together, reflecting on all that God has done throughout the year and spending time in prayer together thanking Him. Here are some of the boxes. I put verses on them and also included instructions underneath the lid. I look forward to doing this with my family this year and hopefully making it a yearly tradition.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I "stole" your stolen idea & made the hot chocolate bags for my Sunday school kids. (Yours turned out cuter, though.) ;) Thanks for passing on these great ideas, crafty lady!

Cathy said...

Your Thanksgiving boxes are simply beautiful!!! You have been quite a crafty lady this year with these and your hot chocolate bags! I am VERY impressed!! I see where you got the box idea. . . have you been reading her blog lately? The writings about Christmas have been a real blessing.

dianne said...

WOW, YOU'VE BEEN BUSY. FUN! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU ALL.