Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A Great Read for Mothers


We received this book ("Let Me Hold You Longer" by Karen Kingsbury) as a gift from Brad & Vi for Christmas. I just loved it! Actually, it made me sad, but was such a good reminder to enjoy every moment we have with our precious children because before we know it they'll be grown up. We need to fully enjoy the time we have with them...it will go fast! I read it the other night and the very next morning Addison woke up early and didn't want to stay in her room, she wanted to crawl into bed with us (which she hardly ever does). I thought of this book and instead of being annoyed that she woke up so early, I truly enjoyed her snuggling up to both of us. Someday she will be all grown up and I will wonder where the time has gone.

3 comments:

Jodi said...

You are so right! I really miss the days when my boys wanted to crawl into bed with us or I could just sit and hold them and kiss their little cheeks. I look at them now, they just tower over me and can't hardly imagine that I once carried them inside of me. Treasure every moment. It does race by in a flash.

Nic said...

It's one of my favorites. I have a copy ready to give each of my kids at there graduation! It makes me cry!!

Kim said...

I've read this before & will one day, hopefully, have my own copy. I nearly bought it this year for my sister as well. It's a great poem/story/thought.