It hardly seems possible we've been here for a year already. Travis started his job last summer at the beginning of June, but we didn't actually move here until the middle of July. Looking back, it has been a great year. A lot has happened during the year - we sold our previous house and moved to a rent house, new job, new church, new friends, bought a house and moved again and finally...had a baby! Phew! Too much moving and all while being pregnant!
The first year is always a time of adjustment. It takes time to get to know people and the community. It takes time to figure out how they do things at a new church and it also takes time to figure out what your ministry will look like. We've now done everything once, which will make next year much easier for Travis.
People ask me all the time how we're liking it here. As far as the town, I love being in a small community again. As far as our church and the youth ministry, we're really enjoying it and feel like we're right where God wants us to be. It's still hard for me at times to feel completely at home here though. I've decided that for me (based on our 2 previous moves), it takes about 3 years before I really feel like I know people and know where I fit in the best. It is hard and takes time to develop those deep and meaningful friendships, which is why I look forward to a few years down the road! Don't get me wrong, I've got some great friends here, but it just takes time! It is also hard to always be known as "Travis' wife" or "the youth pastors' wife." Everyone knows who he is, but no one knows me! This isn't necessarily a bad thing, he just has more opportunities to be out in the community getting to know people.
When I look back at our decision to move here, we both feel like this is a great fit for us and that we're where God has called us to be. God has been so faithful and provided for all of our needs during this first year and for that we praise Him!
1 comment:
Wow! Has it been a year already? We are so glad that God sent you to Fairview and are blessed by your family in countless ways!
Post a Comment