Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve

This is the first time we've been home on Christmas Eve in several years. Now that Addison is old enough to remember, we are wanting to start our own traditions as a family. It was a great day to spend at home too. It snowed all morning along with 40 mph winds, so I was glad I had nowhere to go. Addison played outside some in the snow and enjoyed trying to drive her tricycle through the drifts.We ate homemade pizza for supper and then went and drove around looking at Christmas lights (Addison wore her Christmas jammies). When we got home, we sang Christmas songs and roasted marshmallows over the fire.Now, it's off to bed before the excitement begins in the morning. Addison told me today she was pretty sure Jesus wants a truck cake for his birthday!

3 comments:

Amy said...

I absolutely LOVE the swimming goggles as appropriate head gear for stinging snow...very creative! :)

dianne said...

HOW FUN. CAN'T WAIT TO GET THERE.

Nic said...

Merry Christmas! Love your stockings. Addison looks adorable in the goggles!!