Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Hosanna

Addison loves music. Loves to sing, loves to play instruments, loves to make up songs and loves to try and sing along even if she doesn't know the words. Hopefully she will have Travis' musical abilities! She tells me all the time how someday she will sing with daddy on stage at church and he will play the guitar and she will play either the drums or the piano.

Currently, one of her favorite songs is "Hosanna" (originally sang by Hillsong.) We sang it 2 or 3 weeks in a row at church and Addison sang to her hearts content. She is not a quiet singer by any means, but I loved that she was singing without worry of what she looked like, how she sounded or what others thought. I loved hearing her and it brought tears to my eyes to hear her singing praises to our God!

The CD she is listening to right now at bedtime has this song on it, so the other night I ran and grabbed my camera. I managed to get a little bit on video before my camera battery went dead (no picture though since she was in bed).

3 comments:

Amy said...

What precious sounds (only a mother could appreciate), those pure outpourings of our children as they praise. ;) Neat to think how she is already growing closer to Jesus.

Monica said...

I love it!! My girls are the same way, they love music, singing, dancing and just listening. It is the most wonderful sound when they are singing to our Lord...

Debbie Wiens said...

So precious!!! I love hearing her sing in our class every Wed. night. Her & her little friends make my heart glad! You must be doing something right, she is an amazing little girl!