Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Chosen

I was reading a blog today that made me long for something I don't have. I've struggled with this longing for most of my adult life and today was no different. I immediately began thinking about it and couldn't get it out of my mind. I began having a pity party and once again questioned myself.

This afternoon I was doing my Bible study and I read this: "If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world" John 15:19.

I am a chosen person.
I have been handpicked by God.
I am treasured and loved by Him.

Only Jesus can completely satisfy. Only He can fulfill our deepest desires and longings.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Thanks for that reminder, Lisa. I had a "lightbulb" moment today too. Might blog about it later. Love ya!

Dianne said...

Now we're all wondering what you long for. But it is easy to "covet" what others have and feel we ought to be able to have or do it too. Not ever easy is it!