Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Disappointed

Are you ever disappointed in yourself?
In the way you act...the way you respond...the words you speak....the thoughts you think...the way you handle a situation..............
I could list tons of reasons of why I have been disappointed in myself at one time or another.
Well, tonight was one of those nights.
Usually, when this happens, I can't stop thinking about it.
I've said I was sorry.
I've asked for forgiveness.
But I beat myself up about it.

I'm thankful for a loving God who forgives me when I mess up.  I'm thankful for God's word that I can turn to in times of disappointment. 

God's word says, "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.  Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me - put it into practice." Philippians 4: 8-9

This is who I want to be and what I want to strive for.  To put into practice what I have learned from God and his word.  And thankfully, when I mess up, he forgives and I continue on, trying to practice being more like Him.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Oh, girl...I so relate to THIS! Thanks for being honest...and vulnerable.

Nic said...

"As the east is from the west . . . . " I'm so thankful He forgives!

Liz said...

Oh, Lisa. Phillipians 4:8-9 is something we ALL should work towards. Don't be so hard on yourself, we've all said things that later we wished we hadn't. The good news is that God expects us to make mistakes and that's what grace is for. He is the only one that truly knows our hearts and He always loves us. Love you!

Emily said...

We've all blown it from time to time! His mercies are new every morning.