Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Wildlife Park

Since summer isn't officially over for another 8 days, I thought I'd share a few more pictures from our summer. 

We spent several days with my entire family for vacation this summer. We stayed in a hotel for a few nights which allowed the cousins to spend lots of time together. They had lots of fun swimming, going to see a movie, and playing games in the courtyard at the hotel. One of Addison's favorite things was visiting the wildlife park. It was fun because they let you go in with the animals, touch them and even feed some of them.  Below, she is feeding the giraffe and tortoise a piece of lettuce and the lemurs ate craisins right out of your hands.  I also thought it was pretty cool to see several kangaroos with babies in their pouches.
The kids each got $5 from their great-grandparents to spend.  Addison and 3 of her cousins chose to use their money to ride a camel.  It was a very short ride, but still very exciting for them!  Addison got to ride on the hump in the middle.

2 comments:

Dianne said...

Aren't we lucky to have pictures so quickly to remember the memories. It sure was fun, not just for the kids either.

Hayley said...

I just saw a photo on Marshalene's blog that was taken at your house, and I saw your Icthus picture. Joe gave us one, too, and we LOVE it! That art means so much to us because when Aaron and I were dating we'd go on long walks, and one rainy Saturday afternoon we ended up in the TC art dept. and saw Joe's original. We fell in love with it and told him that he just had to reproduce them and sell them. I was so excited to see it in your home as well!