Saturday, March 26, 2011

Potty Training Update

It's been a little over a week now.
Not much success.
She definitely knows when she has to go.
Does the little potty dance and gets kind of whiny and uncomfortable looking.
She does not like to sit on the potty when she starts to feel like she needs to go.
Doesn't mind sitting on it the rest of the time though.
She hates it when her pants are wet or her pull-up when she wakes up.
If she has an accident, she usually brings me a pull-up right after she goes.
I'm still sticking to underwear around the house, but have had to put her in pull-ups to go to church.
Pull-ups during naps and night time too.
I'm sure it also makes it more difficult since she isn't talking much yet.

I don't know how long I can keep going!
I'm getting tired of cleaning up messes.
I don't want to go back to diapers though because our cloth ones aren't the best for pulling on and off all the time.
And I hate spending money on pull-ups!
I'll continue to stick with it for awhile longer though and pray that it clicks for her soon!

2 comments:

cathy said...

you might want to try putting rubber pants (if you can still buy them) over her panties to help save cleaning up wet messes. I did that way back when...

Dianne said...

Hang in there, this too shall pass.