Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Surprise!

It's not often that Travis surprises me, but he totally got me yesterday.  Since Addison is on spring break, Travis' mom decided to come visit us yesterday.  Little did I know, there was more to it than that!

The girls slept in yesterday and so did I.  I got up when they did and since I had a little bit of a headache, I didn't turn the lights on.  I went in to use the bathroom and then the girls came to get me, so I left without ever turning the lights on.  After breakfast, I got the girls dressed and then I began picking up the house.  I needed to dust and do the dishes before his mom got here.  Around 1:00, I called Travis and left him a message to please bring me a Dr. Pepper since I had a headache.  About 15 minutes later, he called to tell me he was on his way to get my pop and asked me if I had brushed my teeth yet.  Very confused, I told him I hadn't.  So he told me that I really needed to go brush my teeth.   Okay, that's weird!  When I got to the bathroom and actually turned on the light, there was a note for me taped to the mirror.  It said I needed to pack a bag because he was taking me somewhere for the night.  I was so excited!  He came home and I quickly jumped in the shower so we could leave when his mom got here. 
We went out to dinner and went to a few stores before heading out to our little cottage in the country!  We've been there once before and it was wonderful, so I was very excited to go back again.  There's a bed &  breakfast a little ways from here that owns 4 cottages in the country.  Each one has a different theme...ours had a tropical theme.  It was very romantic and relaxing and it was great to spend time together, just the two of us.  Thank you Kathy for watching the girls for us!!  We had a great time and I know the girls had a blast with you!
And thank you Travis, I was so surprised!  I love you!

7 comments:

Amy said...

Wow...what a wonderful husband! And so glad for you to get a chance to get away. Very sweet...

Dianne said...

Keep it up Travis!!!!!!!!!

Randy Wertenberger said...

Aww, that's so sweet! Glad you were able to do that!
~Amy

Anonymous said...

So glad you were able to do something like that! Way to go Travis!

Jennifer said...

I was so impressed when kathy told me what travis was doing. glad you had so much fun! kathy had a hard time coming up with reasons that she couldnt come for Mckenna's birthday.

cathy said...

How VERY special of Travis! Tell him I am QUITE impressed!! I love surprises like that and I'm sure you did as well! The picture of the two of you is so cute!!

Nic said...

Yeah for surprises!! I know just the cottage you are talking about! It's one of my favorite places I think we've ever stayed at!! So happy you guys got away!! Surprises are the best!