Monday, April 11, 2011

You Are More

This past week was one that left me feeling sad. Saddened for some of the youth we work with. Sad for the things they deal with on a daily basis. Sad for the mistakes they've made. But rejoicing in the fact that Christ forgives us and through Him we are remade. It is hard sometimes to sit and watch them fall but it is awesome to have the opportunity to help them get back up and to tell them they are forgiven.

I love this song by Tenth Avenue North. Whenever I hear it, I think of all the dumb things I've done...the bad choices I've made, sins committed...and I'm so thankful I've have been remade through Christ!

"You are more than the choices that you've made, you are more than the sum of your past mistakes, you are more than the problems you create, you've been remade."

2 comments:

Amy said...

I had heard this several times on the radio & loved it. But it wasn't until I watched the video (on JCTV) that I was overcome. Just seeing the words, realizing my own mistakes, and how God's love & forgiveness can wash it clean. It made me cry. So beautiful...

Liz said...

Thanks for the reminder Lisa. This song is great and has an awesome message.