Sunday, May 1, 2011

May Day

Addison and I made May baskets this afternoon.  We went and bought some candy and also bought some flowers since it was raining outside and we couldn't find any flowers to pick.  She made a long list of people she wanted to take them to.  After putting on her rain boots, we jumped in the car and took off to ring doorbells and run!  She loves it and thinks it's so much fun trying not to get caught!  Hopefully next year Mackenna will be able to help us.

5 comments:

Aaron said...

I remember doing that as a kid. Did you hang them on the door, ring the bell and then run away? I think that's what I always did.

Dianne said...

The family tradition continues!!

Amy said...

I thought of you on May 1st! It was so fun to be gifted with a May basket...once upon a time. ;)

Lisa said...

Yes, Aaron, we hung them on the door and ran! Do you remember picking flowers out of the neighbors yard? The lady on the corner by the Reimer's had beautiful lilac bushes that we picked from quite often. I wonder if she knew we picked her flowers?!

Aaron G Myers said...

I sort of remember stealing flowers from the cemetery, but maybe that was a different holiday.