It's been awhile since I've posted anything.
Nice to take a break once in awhile.
I guess I should really change the pictures in my header...
since it's not 110 here everyday anymore...
thank goodness!!!
*********************************************************************************
Addison had her name put in a drawing at school.
There were about 60 names to choose from.
Her name got drawn.
She gets to be the "Principal for the Day!"
She was so excited!
I asked her if she was going to let the kids have recess all day.
She said, "No, it's too hot outside."
I asked her if she was going to tell the kids they didn't have to do any work for the day.
She said, "No mom, we have to do work!"
I'm so glad she loves school!
**********************************************************************************
Potty training.
Yippeee!!!
Mackenna is doing it!
I started again a week ago and she's doing great.
When we're at home, she has had very few accidents.
She hasn't mastered pooping yet, but that will come.
I'm not brave enough to go anywhere yet without a pull-up on her.
Unfortunately, that usually results in a wet diaper.
So far, this time has been much easier than it was with Addison!
**********************************************************************************
We had someone look at our roof today.
He said we have lots of damage from the hail storm a few weeks ago.
Travis called the insurance and they are coming to look at it.
Several of our neighbors roofs were totaled, according to their insurance people.
I'm praying it will be damaged enough that we can get a new roof!
We have shake shingles and I would love to get rid of them.
***********************************************************************************
My allergies have been really bad this fall.
I went to the doctor on Friday and found out I have a bad sinus infection.
Which in turn, is making it impossible for my allergies to get any better.
I have sinus infections a lot, so I guess it just feels normal to me.
I'm trying Nasonex to see if it makes a difference.
Along with my daily dose of Zyrtec, so far it seems to be helping!
**********************************************************************************
Church life has gotten busier and busier.
Travis & I are really starting to notice the difference in not having a senior pastor.
He has a lot more that he is now responsible for.
It's not a bad thing though.
Just different.
I try my best to remind him of things he may not think of.
We've enjoyed getting to know some of the older people because of this!
**********************************************************************************
My accountability partner and I are reading through the book "Becoming the Woman God Wants Me to Be," by Donna Partow.
It's been hard.
It's made me feel overwhelmed.
But it's been good for me and has caused me to reevaluate a lot in my life.
I'm learning a lot about myself and my God.
What are you studying right now?
*********************************************************************************
4 comments:
We're reading through Ann Voskamp's book on Wed. nights @ church - One Thousand Gifts. Wow. Challenging & authentic. So good.
Doing Priscilla Shriers bible study on Jonah; a Life Inturrupted with a bible study group. I just started one of Jason's seminary books (yikes I know). It's called Sacrilege by Hugh Halter. I'm barely into it but very good and challenging. Think of you guys often right now with the changes in the church etc.
I took the year off last winter from my bible study group and think this year I better get back to it. Dad has something for me to do at the same time as the group so I had to decide on my priorities at the time. I did the right thing.
Ditto on the allergies. It just seems normal to suffer. Not sure what it would be like to live without them.
Post a Comment