Saturday, September 17, 2011

Storm

We had a good storm roll through here this evening.
Heard there may be hail, but Travis didn't think he would need to move his truck.
We stood outside watching it for several minutes.
I kept saying, "don't you want to move your truck?"
He kept saying, "no, it won't get big and it will be over in a few minutes."
Next thing I knew,
he ran inside,
grabbed his keys,
ran out and jumped in his truck
and sped over to the school to put it under the roof.
Two or three other cars went flying in there right about the same time.


Travis stood over at the school watching, while Addison and I stood watching from the garage.
Mackenna was hiding in the van!
The car parked in the drive across the street had a car alarm that kept going off because of the hail hitting it.
We did spot some rotation in the clouds, but I guess it wasn't bad since the sirens weren't going off.
Here is Addison's collection of hail stones.
She had lots of fun trying to find "the big ones!"
A beautiful, full rainbow showed up during the storm.

3 comments:

Dianne said...

So glad you didn't get a tornado. Those clouds didn't look too good. Great hail, Addison.

Amy said...

Cool pics. You always hear "dime-sized" or "golf ball sized", but never before have I heard "egg sized". :) It took me a second to notice that one white ball WASN'T a big ball of ice!

Nic said...

wow. awesome pics.