Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Progress...

It's been 8 months since we decided to have Mackenna start working with a speech pathologist.  She still sees him twice a month for 45 minutes each time.  At first, the progress was slow.  In the last month, she has taken off!  She is finally talking/trying to talk ALL the time.  She's saying 3-4 word phrases and tries to say everything.  Sometimes she tries so hard and I just can't figure out what she's trying to say, so I tell her to show me and that usually works.  It's exciting to see her progress!  In January, she'll be tested again to see if she still qualifies and if so, she 'll begin seeing one of the speech pathologists at the school.  I'm actually hoping she qualifies because I think she'll still need the extra help and it would be beneficial for her in so many ways. 

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Progress is good! So proud of you guys for doing this. She's such a special girl.