Friday, December 30, 2011

Clean Up, Clean Up, Everybody Clean Up!!

I feel like I've been singing this little song in my head a lot the last few days!  We got home from Kansas on Wednesday.  You know how it is when you get home from being gone for several days...lots of laundry, stuff piled in the living room waiting to be put away, you're tired and on top of that, lots of Christmas gifts that now need a new home!  And since we left right after church on Sunday, we still had somewhat of a mess left from our own Christmas here at home.

I'm choosing to see all of the mess positively though -
Luggage piled in the living room...we have wonderful families we were able to spend time with!
New toys & games...we have people who love our children and generously give them gifts!
Mess from Christmas...we made memories and were able to give our children gifts!
Laundry...we have clothes to wear!
I'm tired...I stayed up late with people I love!

Today, I'm trying to finish up laundry and take down/put away all the Christmas decorations.  Travis is back at work today for at least part of the day.  Addison begged him to stay home this morning! 

Thanks Lord for the messes around me, for it means I have much to be thankful for!


2 comments:

Dianne said...

Amen, and we do thank you for spending time with us too. You are all loved.

Sweet Pea said...

I love your new blog header! The pictures are all so good!