Thursday, December 1, 2011

Recycling

When we lived in Oregon, we had curbside recycling and were able to recycle pretty much everything.  Only had 1-2 small bags of trash each week.

Then we moved and had to take our stuff to the recycling station in town.  Not as convenient, but at least it was an option. 

Then we moved again and nothing...unless I wanted to drive 40 miles to take my stuff to the nearest recycling place.  So, for the last 3 years, I've felt a little guilty about all the milk jugs and plastic containers we've thrown away. 

I'm excited though because we now have the option of curbside recycling picked up once a week!  It costs a little bit extra each month, but I'm glad to not be throwing away so much.  It's amazing all the stuff you can recycle, and it really is not difficult at all. 

It's a great thing to get our kids involved in too.  Addison loves checking everything to see if it has the recycling symbol on it!  I can't save the world, but I can at least decrease the amount of trash I'm putting in the landfills each week!

1 comment:

Dianne said...

It finally happened in Fairview, and curbside too, wow! In Tucson we always recycle but in Mac everything has to be separated and taken to the recycler. Not much room at our new place so there I feel guilty too.