Mackenna was released from the hospital on Sunday afternoon.
Getting released means a lot of waiting.
We left the hospital around 3:30.
Here's some pictures of her at the hospital.
After stopping at Walgreens to fill her prescriptions and a quick stop at Quizno's, we finally made it home around 6:30.
The doctor felt that Mackenna was doing well and was ready to go home.
She was without fever for over 24 hours and was going potty enough to not be worried anymore.
Because of my history of having reflux of the kidney/bladder, she will be tested to see if she may possibly have it too.
It is hereditary and according to the doctor she saw, Mackenna has a 1 in 3 chance of having it.
She will do a voiding cystogram on March 23rd.
Until then, as a precaution, she will continue to be on antibiotics to ensure her infection doesn't return.
She will go back to the same hospital to have the test done.
I'm glad she can have it done there because they specialize in children and do this test on them all the time.
We're praying she doesn't have the same problems I do and that she just happened to get an infection.
She was also dealing with some constipation issues before going to the hospital, so the doctor felt that may also be a possible cause.
We appreciated everyone's prayers for Mackenna and for our family.
We're so thankful she is better.
Thankful for good doctors, good nurses and great friends who helped us out when we needed it.
2 comments:
That's so cute with her writing with her left hand and her right arm all wrapped up. What a trooper you all are. So grateful for good medical care. God is good.
I didn't know you had reflux...I had many surgeries as a child for it. Both of my boys were checked when they were babies. #1 had it, but after a couple of years, he outgrew it and didn't have any more signs of it. #2 was fine. I am glad that I have boys because I've heard there is less chance of passing it on to them. Keep a close eye on your little girls.
Mrs. B.
Post a Comment