Harvest started early here this year, May 18th. In fact, it is the earliest they've ever started as far as anyone can remember. I guess it's because we had such a warm winter and lots of rain (not sure if that's what the farmers would say, but that's my best non-farmer guess!)
The girls look forward to a combine ride every year with Cassie, so hopefully we'll be able to do that sometime this week! We went for a ride in the country a few days ago and here are a few pictures I took.
I just love the oil well out in the middle of the wheat field. We live in oil country and wheat country, so this picture captures what we see a lot of around here!
2 comments:
Beautiful pictures. Love wheat fields!
Harvest is always kind of magical. All the hard work has come to fruition, the end is in sight. Hopefully with no hail, enough rain, and good prices.
Post a Comment